Aims & Values
- To enable primary care to act on the climate and ecological emergency as it affects our work, patients and staff.
- To provide a useful hub of information and resources (through a network, this website and discussion forums) for UK primary care.
- To support the development of local groups broadly committed to these aims and to support learning between the groups.
- To be a national voice for primary care on effective actions towards environmentally sustainable practice enabling the transition to net zero carbon general practice.
- To provide services for, and collaborate with, other organisations engaged with our aims using all the resources in our network (such as offering education, coaching, leadership or collaboration on research/evaluation).
- We aim to enthuse and engage our primary care community in action towards environmentally sustainable healthcare.
- We create inclusive, supportive, respectful, honest, collaborative and creative environments to support our aims.
- We welcome a diversity of thoughts and opinions in helping us develop as a community and to achieve our aims. We recognise that this is best achieved through a compassionate, respectful and non-judgemental approach to communication with each other and the wider primary care community.
- We support each other to develop our leadership abilities.
To support our values we have adopted the Thinking environment (Nancy Kline) approach to running our meetings. Resources from a workshop we had for the group leaders on using this approach are here. We are very grateful to Sophie Stephenson from the Thinking Project for running this session for us.