1. How to tell if your inhaler is empty
Step 1: Search for all patients prescribed inhalers
Create a list of all patients with inhalers on repeat prescriptions.
- Primary Care IT Search: GIP-60) Inhaler issues in the last 12m
(available for EMIS & SystmOne)
Step 2: Send information to patients
Send information to patients about how to tell if their inhaler is empty.
PrescQIPP have information leaflets and banners you can add to websites about this (section called patient information materials)
- SMS how to tell if your inhaler is empty (see below)
- The British Lung Foundation also has an app for dose counting
- Check if an inhaler has a dose counter https://www.rightbreathe.com/?s
How to tell if your inhaler is empty
Do you know how to tell if your inhaler is empty? Ask your pharmacist or check here for more info: https://greeninhaler.org/telling-if-your-inhaler-is-empty/